- No - the console it comes with is a stand alone display. No computer necessary unless you buy their extra software (~$125) that allows you to record all the weather data on your computer. But the console only keeps track of the last 24 hours worth of weather data. So if you want to know what the temperature was two weeks ago, you need a computer and their software.
- You don't have to hook it up to a computer but that is where most of the bars and graphs are. otherwise you do get yearly and monthly, daily amounts of rain ,wind, etc from the base unit.
- One of the other answers here is mistaken, where they say the console only stores data for 24 hours. It keeps data for 24 months. I have used this weather station for over 10 years. It is a great system. If you have any problems Davis stands behind their products. This is just the opposite of Lacrosse, which makes disposable weather instruments.
- I feed software on my computer. I use the "Weather Tracker" software which feeds my data to the internet. It is easy to setup and gives you and the internet all the data needed for good weather data. I also feed WEATHERUNDERGOUND with the software works great.
- You may connect to a computer, but not necessary, I don't have mine connected. Works great once it's set up.
Please keep in mind that this is a commonly asked question for the product 6250.
You can find the product page at the following link:
To find us on the image search engine, we will use the following image as the cover of this post.
Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments box.
Post a Comment